Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bummed

Quinn was all set and scheduled to have surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30. We were finally going to say good bye to her g-tube button. Then tonight around 7:30, she got clingy and started to run a fever. She just wanted to sleep. After an interesting trip to instacare, it was decided Quinn's surgery needed to be postponed due to a high fever, ear ache, and a sore throat.

Poor puppy is miserable. And I am bummed. Bummed she is sick. Bummed that we had to reschedule the surgery. Bummed that Alice and Sam were both exposed to Quinn's germs. I am just plain bummed right now.

Edited to add: Quinn woke up feeling better. Unfortunately, she woke up at 4:50 am. No fever. Full of energy. The antibiotics made a huge difference. I have left a message with the surgeon to reschedule. Also she weighed 9 kg last night (almost 20 lbs). Told you the my doctor's scale was off.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Boo! I'm so sorry. All of the anxiety that comes along with even a "routine" procedure is enough all on its own. Let alone the fact this is a huge milestone for you all. I hope she gets feeling better soon and they get you rescheduled quickly.

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Cheers to feeling better. I hope that you can get surgery rescheduled soon! I just caught up on your last four posts and loved to see Quinn playing with Ramona, the parade comparisons, and month to month of Q changing from a baby face to the spunky little gal she is today.