We had Quinn's two-year-old check up today. It went so well. Hooray!
We get to call the surgeon on Monday and schedule an appointment to get her g-tube button removed. I am so excited. Quinn's weight gain isn't as great as they want it to be (it never is), but she is growing taller and her head is growing, and that is a better indication of good nutrition than weight gain is, so we are going with the fact that it is likely Quinn is just petite, but healthy.
Quinn's two year statistics:
(I realized I never post numbers, because I was afraid of comments/judgement, but I want these things recorded rather than just percentages, so I am posted them this time.)
Weight: 18 and half pound (although his scale is always lighter than every other scale, so anyone on a diet looking for a good scale, I can direct you toward one.) Zero percentile.
Height: 32 inches-10th percentile. For a two year old!
Head: Don't remember the number, but it was the 11th percentile. For a two year old!
He said she is super smart for her age. He was impressed with her talking, motor skills, and defiance during the check-up.
He said she is perfect, and on track in every single way. He doesn't need to see her back for a year, unless we want to follow up on weight issues after the tube comes out.
He recommended leaving her backward facing in her car seat for as long as she (and we) can tolerate it. He said up to three years old, since it is the safest way to travel with a child.
He also recommended moving her to a mattress on the floor due to her climbing habits. Looks like the crib's days are numbered.
They are moving to a new building in the fall. So, not only is the Muppets cutouts, orange chairs, and dark wood paneling of my childhood missing from the office, now it is going to be a whole new building. Sad.
2 comments:
Even when you already know they're super smart and talented and wonderful, there's something just fun about hearing it from a professional :-)
Ellie stayed rear facing 'til she was three, or nearly three (and we only turned her then 'cause we were on vacation and wanted her to be able to see better, then were too lazy to turn her back again), and she was even bigger than Quinn -- she did have Annie sitting near her though, so I think that made it easier since she had someone in back to play with. Isaac's rear facing still, and he's like twice Quinn's size :-)
Yay Quinn! Congrats on getting rid of the button. I bet that actually feels really awesome for you and will be a non-event for Quinn. I'm so glad she's doing so well. I have no doubt she's super smart.
Post a Comment