I had my mid-pregnancy ultrasound this morning, and Dalan and I are pleased to announce that the baby is growing and developing as SHE should be. We are also excited to announce that the baby is a GIRL.
During the ultrasound, she was a giving the ultrasound tech. "a run for her money" and later the doctor told us, it looked like, "we already had a behavioral problem on our hands." My midwife also told us something similar during the 11 week ultrasound. Her trouble making behaviors included, repeatedly putting her hands in her face so they could not get a good look at it, and refusing to turn into any sort of position, so they could look at her heart. It took the doctor at least a half an hour of jostling and poking my belly to get the shots of her heart that he needed. However, she had no problem showing us her lady parts right off the bat.
Neither of us had any sort of preference, but it has been nice to call the baby a "she" rather than an "it." My mom brought us over our first girl outfit this afternoon, and then Dalan and I went out and picked up a couple of things ourselves. However, we really need to focus on the nursery now, rather than cute little clothes. Dalan did buy an inflatable duck bath tub for the baby that quacks. He was very excited!
So, it looks like for now anyway, our house will be full of sugar and spice, and everything nice, rather than snips and snails, and puppy dog tails. I will scan in and post the ultrasound pictures at some point and time, but the scanner is upstairs, and I downstairs, and you know how it is. Also, we have a DVD of the ultrasound if anyone wants to come over for a riveting exploration of my uterus.
7 comments:
Mom and I have the clothes department covered so don't you worry about that
Congrats! I'm so excited!
I should bring Greg over to watch the ultrasound -- then you can experience first had his almost savant like ability to identify all parts baby on ultrasounds -- seriously, every tech we've had has asked if he's an ultrasound tech, since he so easily spells out everything that's going on onscreen for me! :-)
cute post :) I bet you are so excited to finally KNOW! I'm thinking girl shopping sounds a lot more fun than boy shopping was. It also looks like you have a lot of females in the fam (on both sides) to cover all that! :) Congrats again - sooooo happy for you!
Congratulations! This is when the real fun stuff starts. You get to shop shop shop and plan plan plan! So much fun. Enjoy this time.
I knew it! I'm so excited for you. Little girls are so much fun, but of course I'm biased. It is more fun to know and now you can plan everything! Yay!!!
I can't wait until we no longer call our baby an "it."
Have fun shopping for your little girl! There is sooo much cute girl baby bedding out there!
I am having a hard time with the "it" factor too. My sis is pregnant and referring to "it" in this way is so impersonal. I love that you are having a little girl. How fun! She is so special!
Post a Comment