Last night, I was not sleeping well. I could not get comfortable on either of my sides, and I tossed and turned until about 4:30 am. Why until 4:30, you ask? Let me tell you....
At 4:30 am, Piper threw up in our bed. She threw up all over the sheets, two pillows, a quilt, and me. It was disgusting, and I was exhausted. The good news is Dalan and I made a kick ass team in the wee hours of the morning getting everything cleaned up, and sleep ready. Poor Piper must of been so sick. She later escaped from the room, and I found another surprise in the hall this morning. She has been fine since then though.
After I went back to bed, I slept well until my alarm went off, although I had the craziest dream. I dreamed I had given birth, but then went into a "postpartum twilight" in which I remembered nothing about the birth of the baby or the first six weeks of the baby's life. My mom had basically been taking care of the baby, although in my altered state, I was still able to breast feed. Nobody seemed alarmed or concerned that I was a walking zombie for six weeks, and my mom kept assuring me it was a normal side effect of giving birth. The baby appeared to have a good nature and was thriving, so I guess it worked out. She was adorable, by the way. Oh, and my mom was able to tell that my labor only lasted 1 hour and 27 minutes, and I was able to do it naturally. An advantage of being in "twilight," I guess. I have no idea where Dalan was, but it was basically just me, the walking dead, and my mom taking care of the baby. Dreams are strange.
3 comments:
I think it is time for piper to come have a sleep over a BF and G-daddy's house
That's really funny!
Piper is definitely getting you ready to have a baby! I feel for ya...Spencer has a sensitive tummy so I've had to do middle of the night clean up more than once.
Post a Comment