Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hospitalized

My stay at the hospital was o.k.

I basically pretended I was on an unexpected vacation, in which I got to sit in bed all day, and play on the computer, watch TV, and hang out with Dalan/my parents. If I needed to go anywhere, someone came and wheeled me there. I did not even have to walk. I had a private room with a TV, and internet access. It wasn't that bad.

Of course, there were nurses barging in to take my blood pressure, and check on me. They interrupted my relaxation time twice last night, and were like two loud teenage girls when they came into do some things at 2:30 am. A doctor also woke me up at 5:45 this morning to check in, and then told me to go back to sleep, only to have a nurse come into my room three minutes later. That was not vacation-like. Or cool. I was there to rest, dammit! And be observed, but still, their observations should not have interfered with my rest. Ha!

I was so happy and grateful to be released today. Another day would have taken all the vacation magic out the experience. I had painted my nails, straightened up the room, and was heading well on my way towards major boredom by 8:00 this morning.

I also learned if you ever go to the ER/Labor and Delivery at midnight, bring a toothbrush, a hairbrush, and some deodorant in your purse. Just in case. I went in worried I would not be home until 4 in the morning, and never once entertained the thought I would be kept for two nights. Learned my lesson. Luckily, Dalan brought me in a toothbrush and a hairbrush. I forgot to ask for the deodorant. However, my mom brought me in some smelly lotion, so I basically just slathered myself in that to keep from being too stinky. I wasn't doing any physical activities, but I was stressing majorly at times, and that lead to some sweating!

There are still going to be some bumps in the road to make sure this baby makes it into the world healthy, and not too early, but I am feeling confident and optimistic at this point. I have faith in my medical team, in my body, and in the baby. I think this will all work out. That being said, I still have my moments of worry and panic, but overall, I am feeling good and strong. I also feel very loved. I think I have mentioned this about a thousand times, but at the risk of repeating myself, I really do have the best husband, family, friends, and even co-workers.

Now, I am at home, and my dog is back from a few nights at her grandparents house. Now, this is relaxing.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Glad you made it out!! Keeping you in our thoughts for the rest of the preg.

I have been on both side of the hospital experience as a nurse (ugh) I always felt so bad barging into the room late at night or early in the morning.

I have been in the hospital a few times for long stretched (about three months a couple of times and then weeks here and there). So boring!!! The boredom turned to anger and then I just got grumpy...lol.

Glad you are ok.

Ali said...

I feel like I am going to be those loud teenage girls in two years....

Kerry said...

Enjoy your rest and relaxation time this weekend. I think you have a great attitude about the whole thing, worrying can only make things worse. Keep it up!

Jen said...

I'm glad your hospital stay was relatively short, and that you have good docs. Fingers crossed that baby hangs in there until her dute date!

Holli said...

Hospitals have no idea how to let you rest or relax! I am glad you are okay, that is pretty scary. Take it easy, and I don't live that far from you if you need anything while others are at work :)