Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The normal life

I went to back to work this week. The break was nice. The kids were magically good the first day back from break, like first day of the school year good. They were quiet, hard working, and attentive. Today, some of the magic wore off. They remembered that they could be a little loud, a little lazy, and a little off task, and I would still like them. Hopefully, the stay just like they were today. They say some funny things when they are like they were today, and they don't drive me crazy. It is a good mix. Teaching perfect children is easy, but rarely fun.

Dalan and I managed to not take any of the Christmas stuff down over my beak. He did it yesterday. Told you he was a bad ass. The house is almost back to normal. It feels good, although I do miss the merriment of the holidays.

The house is only almost back to normal, because we have a dishes situation. I admittedly poured way too much soap in the dishwasher on Sunday night. Dalan has rerun the dishwasher twice to get rid of the "cow pie" size of chunks of soap left behind. His words, not mine. Told you he was a bad ass. I am going to have to rinse the remaining soap off by hand tonight, and load all the new dishes.

Also, only almost back to normal, because Ali came over and cleaned the closet out in our bedroom. The girl loves to organize, and I love to take advantage of that fact. It is a win-win situation really. However, now I have a beautifully clean closet, but a monster pile of clothes to take somewhere to donate. But, it is cold and getting dark when I get home from work and I have not gotten around to it yet.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Send Ali my way! My closets need some help!!

We have all our Christmas stuff down, but not necessarily put away. I have like a random tree skirt and a couple other things just floating around our main floor 'cause I haven't figured out where to put them yet. Nor have we found places for all the new toys. Where does one keep a 3+ foot pony!?

Kerry said...

Good for you! We took all our Christmas decorations down on New Years Day. It felt good. While I enjoy them after Christmas all of a sudden they just look like clutter.

Star said...

I wish my slacker sisters would come clean my house!