Christmas, 1988-present
In fourth grade, we made ornaments for our parents by sticking toothpicks in a Styrofoam ball, and then our teacher flocked them white. It was always a delicate (and ugly) little thing, but hey, it was the class project. I did not make the design up, and then make it myself. I was told to make it and give it to my parents. However, over the years, it got the nickname, "Sputnik" (you know after the Russian satellite) and has slowly gotten uglier and uglier as it has fallen apart and been reassembled. It is my family's favorite ornament to laugh about every year when we decorate the tree. This one little ornaments has caused us hours of amusement, and countless jokes. This year I put it front and center on my parents' tree. Also, someone bought a red cousin for "Sputnik" a few years ago to go along with my original. I am also posting a picture of the real Sputnik for a reference.



1 comment:
I love the ornaments we as kids made in school. My parents have 3 Christmas trees they put up every year. One of which is dedicated to ornaments like these. We fondly refer to it as the "ugly tree" because it isn't nearly as pretty as the one with the red theme and the other one with the pink and glass theme! Great memories!
Post a Comment