Monday, August 10, 2009

Travel Memories Part 3

In October of 2005, I went with 5 other girls to Maui, Hawaii for a vacation of a lifetime. My friend, Becca, had once upon a time worked for Delta Airlines and left the organization with five years of flight benefits. This particular year they had decided to issue each employee (and in some cases ex-employees) a set of extra buddy passes. Therefore, Becca organized a girl's trip to Hawaii that was once of the cheapest and most fun vacations ever! At the time, I did not realize how lucky we were to get six people on the same flight there and back using buddy passes. It must have been a Hawaiian miracle or something.

We spent long days at exploring the beaches, going snorkeling, watching the sunrise over volcanoes, and enjoying tasty beverages in the sun. We even spent an afternoon at a nude beach, and met a guy that we named Scuba Steve. Scuba Steve was conveniently snorkeling underwater right next to us, and finally he popped out of the water and asked us to hold his sea cucumber....one of his sea creatures he had found! He was something special. We also gave a nickname to a very old, very leathery tan gentleman we observed on the beach, but his name is not appropriate for print. It was a good times.

I would love to go back, and since I married a man who hates the beach, another girl's trip will be necessary....who is in????

Oh, and I literally only took four pictures on this entire trip, so thankfully all of these pictures are courtsey of Becca and VaRonica.

We apparently hung out in the trees quite a bit....you'll see...this is our first night in Maui.

VaRonica, Becca, me, and Trisha...the ARTEC crew...in a tree!

These trees had the most beautiful bark.
The whole crew...Varonica, Julie, Trisha, me, Becca, and Sara.

One of the many beautiful beaches we visited.

Heading to the beach one afternoon.

Volcano sunrise.

One very silly night in the hotel room.

Double rainbow.

Our last afternoon in Maui.

VaRonica and me doing the crane kick.

3 comments:

~Tana~ said...

Thanks for sharing your hawaiian memories. Joe and I are talking about going to hawaii. He is a beach man like me. That was one of our favorite time in cali. Laying on the beach.

Vala said...

WWHCD? I enjoyed your blog - that was such a great vacation! I think it's a fine idea to go back! Maybe we'll run into Scuba Steve again since he lives there now. haha.

Kerry said...

I love the volcano sunrise picture .. just WOW! Looks like you guys had a great time. Girl trips are so much fun!!