So, I was just looking through some old photos and I found a whole file full of vacation photos from 2004 and 2005. They were so fun to look through that I thought I would start a little mini-series and share some of these photos with everyone. I need to explain, however, that before that before I was motivated by the blog, I was the world's worst memory maker, and never took very many photos on vacation.
So, my first travel memory will be when I went to Louisville, KY to visit my friends Aubrey and Sam, and to go to the Kentucky Derby. Aubrey had been in dental school there for three years by that time, and I had yet to go visit her. I was so excited to go out there, see a part of the country I had never been to, and just visit with Aubrey. That is one of the great things about Aubrey and me, we can be apart for months and years at a time, but always have no problem quickly catching up and having a blast together. Aubrey and I can just talk and talk and talk when we are together, and no matter the location or the activity.
Kentucky was so much fun, and we even got to go up to Cincinnati to see a see a concert. We also went to the Louisville Slugger Factory, and did some shopping and some eating. We did not however, get to go to the actual Kentucky Derby. We went to the grounds, but due to a ginormous rain storm that flooded that tunnels into the field to watch the derby. After standing outside for a long, wet while, we gave up, and watched the derby at home. Oh well, it was a lot of fun, and started my love of horse racing.




2 comments:
This is a fun little series. Thanks for sharing your memories.
I always love it when you come to visit me! That trip was so much fun and I am flattered to be in the first of your mini series. You are the best! You forgot to mention though how much you loved the mint juleps!
Post a Comment