Shortly after my super fun trip to Kentucky, I was lucky enough to go on another trip to Grand Junction, CO with my parents to visit my Aunt Linda and Uncle Dave. It was probably the first time since I was a little, tiny girl that I got to go anywhere with just my parents and me. Very cool.
We had a really fun time driving down jamming out to a mixed CD that my parents had of all the greatest hits, I can remember singing along to Elton John's Tiny Dancer, and Pearl Jam's Last Kiss. I am pretty sure we sounded awesome, since the Carlson's/Plant's are known for their singing abilities.
While we were in Colorado, we played a lot of bocce ball on the golf course behind my aunt and uncle's house. My family loves, loves, loves booce ball and a golf course is the ultimate place to play, because you can play on the putting green which makes the balls easy to see, or you can be tricky and play into the rough.
It was also very near my birthday! You know, I love, love, love my birthday. I got my presents early from Linda and Dave, which included a pink neon flamingo....do they know me or do they know me? I also begged my parents to buy me this little pink poodle purse, in which I named Pinkie. I decided Pinkie would be like the gnome people take on vacation with them, and get pictures of the gnome all over the world. Unfortunately, Pinkie's only trip was returning from Colorado to Utah, but it was a fun idea while it lasted. I was itching to get a dog of my own at this point too, so in some ways, Pinkie was the practice dog before I got Piper. Ha, ha, ha!







3 comments:
Oh Pinky! Where did that little dog go?
I donated Pinkie to the students of Roosevelt!
Oh Pinkie, why did it not surface more as planned? I am enjoying travel memories. Keep 'em coming! :)
Post a Comment