In addition to going back to work, and renovating parts of our house, this week has been full of completely random and crazy things happening all around me. It has been one of those weeks that you could never predict would be so out of the ordinary.
First of all, I was walking Piper one evening this week, and got followed/stalked by a car. It totally freaked me out, and I am pretty sure that there was a high probability I could have been kidnapped/raped/murdered/etc by the person in this car. I called my mom as it was happening, and I don't know if this freaked them out enough to back off, or if I just wasn't the person they were looking for or if they really weren't following me at all (which I think is unlikely, but I am hopeful that it was big, strange coincidence). Either way, it freaked me out, and made me upset that something like that happened so close to home.
Then, last night I went down to the Gallivan Center with a group of friends to see Iron and Wine. The plan was to go to Gracie's after the show, so I parked near Gracie's, thus having my car close at the end of the night. Well, we went to Johnny's on Second instead, so Nghia and Randi gave me a ride to my car when I was ready to leave, as members of our group were still staying at the bar. When we got to the parking lot in which my car was located, we found it surrounded by a dozen cops and marked off in caution tape. I spoke to one of the officers, and he explained that there had been some gunfire after a concert at another bar, and some cars had been hit by bullets. My car luckily escaped any bullet wounds, but Amy's car was not so lucky. I called her, and she and the rest of our group headed over from Johnny's to inspect the damage. One bullet had entered Amy's car through the head light and then through the air filter. I feel really bad about Amy's car, but I am so glad that none of us were in that parking lot when the shooting occurred. Scary stuff.
After dropping me off, Nghia apparently made a "wide right turn" and was pulled over by one of the police officers from the crime scene. The officer reportedly thought he reeked of alcohol (probably due to the fact that someone had spilled a beer all over him at the Gallivan Center) and made Nghia do the field sobriety test, and take a breathalyzer test as well. He only blew a 0.01 as he had only had two beers over the course of several hours, and was sent on his way without any further consequences. Not even a ticket for the "wide right turn."
So, if random crazy things happen in groups of three, I think my friends and I are done. Thank goodness! I prefer the quiet life...I am not up for livin' the vida loca.
4 comments:
That IS loca! I am definitely glad you weren't a)kidnapped b)shot and c)spending the evening bailing Nghia out of jail.
You left out Operation "Steeple Chase"!
Crazy! I hope this next week isn't so life and death with you!
I am so glad that you are ok and nothing bad happened to anyone.
Post a Comment