Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Triggers to a relapse

I have been off the Diet Coke for three months now, with a few exceptions. It has been easier than I thought it would be, except for on Wednesdays. Today was no exception. It was a long day, and I started craving a diet coke by lunch time, and by the time I went to class I wanted one so bad. I drove to 7-Eleven, and had to use all my will power to buy a Sprite instead of the precious. On my way home, I stopped at Wendy's and the man thought I ordered a Diet Coke instead of a Sprite. All I could think, is dude, someone wants me to drink a Diet Coke. I can now understand how a drug addict or an alcoholic justifies using again if there are continual "signs" and "reasons" to do so. However, I stayed strong, and corrected the gentleman.

My mom bought me this kick ass shirt after I refrained for a month, and I feel like I need to stay true to its message, "I'm off Diet Coke." Here are some pictures of my shirt, since I finally found my USB cord.


1 comment:

~Tana~ said...

I love reading about your journey to get off diet coke. It is so inspiring. I switch back and forth to coffee. It has been my gateway drug. Good for you for staying strong.