Monday, February 16, 2009

My faux nephew

My faux nephew, Drake R. Barrett, was born on January 26, 2009. I got a chance to talk and catch up with his mother last night. Aubrey and I have been super close friends since 1983 when our parents moved next door to one another, despite the fact we have lived in different states than each other for more time than we ever lived in the same state.

I was so excited to get the scoop on little Drake. He is perfectly healthy and happy, but feisty. He fights being swaddled, being in his sling, and even being feed. In fact, he has already rolled from his tummy to his back twice. Take that tummy time! The whole time we were on the phone he was squeaking and squawking in that adorable way that only newborns do....it made my ovaries hurt big time.

Dalan and I are hopefully going out there this summer to visit with him, and his parents too! I am so excited to see him!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

He's so cute . . . congratulations Aubrey!