Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sleepy McSleeperson

I love to sleep, hate to wake up, and can never fall asleep at a decent hour. I have a wacky internal clock. My natural rhythm would be to fall asleep around 2:00 am and wake up around 10:00 or 11:00 am....however, the man keeps me down, and makes me force myself to sleep far before I am ready, and then wake up way before I am ready. I also hit a wall around 6:00 pm every night and have to fight to keep myself awake, and if I can, then I am good to go until midnight or later. I used to think that it was due to all my caffeine consumption, but since I have been off the diet coke for almost two months now (thanks mom for the shirt! pics to come when I find my USB cord), there is no change in my high and low periods.

Last night, I had a horrible night's sleep. I got sucked into a show on FDR on the History Channel and stayed up far later than I had planned. Then I had one of those nights when I just could not get comfortable for the life of me. At 2:30 I was awakened to Piper heaving, and pushed her off the bed in time to have her puke all over the carpet. This is a dog who had only puked like 6 times in the last four years, so it was a little out of nowhere. And I know those of you with kids are thinking that I have nothing to complain about....but it sucked. In addition, I had to get up an hour early and go to a stupid meeting at work, and then go to class right after work. So, I had a long ass day on a poor night's sleep....plus I was already fighting against my body's natural clock.

You can all now post comments about how you all have tremendous sympathy for me, and do not know how I survived a horrid Wednesday with little sleep and an extra meeting!

3 comments:

Nigga Hea said...

I have no sympathy. My people traveled across the oceans in dilapidated boats with people dying and vomiting all over.

~Tana~ said...

I hear you on this one. I can never fall asleep when I need to and then when it is time to get up my body hates me. This is why I am addicted to Diet Coke. My body needs it. Yes I know! I sound like an addict. I need to find a meeting.

Leigh and Craig said...

I totally have sympathy for you. I am the same way. I have to get on a schedule and stick to it and wait for my internal clock to catch up. But just wait til you're pregnant! I haven't slept all night for weeks. And it's killing me