Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hair Advice

I went to see Bride Wars and both Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway had such cute hair throughout the movie, but it was a bunch of hair styles that I would not even know how to begin. So let me tell you about my journey and struggles with my own hair, and then maybe you can help a sister out!

I love my hair long, well, let me clarify, I love the options I have with longer hair. I am generally lazy, and like to be able to pull it back into a pony tail, braid, or bun all quick like in the morning. (see my previous entry about my sleep issues....I am not a morning person). However, I hate straightening my hair. I used to love it. It looks so, well, straight. Now, it just seems like an extra step, and I am not digging the look as much as I once did.

Here is my dilemma, I don't know what else to really do with my hair. I have naturally coarse, semi-wavy hair. It rarely dries naturally in an attractive way on it's own. So, letting it air dry is not a good option unless it is a humid day. I don't mind blow drying it, but it tends to look coarse and start to wave if that is the only thing I do to it. I used to use a curling iron on it and either curl or flip the ends. Is that still in style? Or does anyone know how to curl it in a cute, but fast/easy way? Or maybe there is a high tech blow dryer I can buy that will set my hair for the day? I don't mind using product on my hair, but I am fairly cheap and refuse to spend a lot of money on hair product!
HELP!
I want to update my look, and be simply irresistible to Mr. Dalan Alan Peter Sellers
.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Well I think you should go blond again! I Freaking love all those pictures of you with bright blond hair! as for the styling I don't know I am all about the straightener. Maybe buy a CHI they are supposed to dominate. Or try a wet dry straightener!

~Tana~ said...

I am with you on not being a morning person and doing lazy hair in the mornings. I am a fan of the bun and ponytail. I am so tired in the mornings that I shower the night before so I don't have to do it in the morning. When I do my hair curly, yep I have curly hair to. I put curl product in and use a diffuser. I can't do the natural thing either. I don't like it. I am a fan of the straight for myself too but I don't do it all of the time due to all of the work it takes.

Vala said...

Hmmm...I'd love to give you some advice, but you've seen what my hair has looked like the last several month - like nothing. haha Although I do have the CHI and it's pretty schweatty. I have been thinking your hair has been super cute lately.