It is time for Dalan and me to start planning our "real" honeymoon. We want to go somewhere new and exciting this summer, possibly in late June or early August. We have been throwing around ideas, but are having a hard time settling on one place and making arrangements.
I want to go to Europe, but it expensive to fly there, and the dollar is still not holding its own against the Euro. However, I would love to travel to London, Paris, Prague, Madrid, Rome, Venice, etc, etc
We have also been throwing around the idea of going somewhere in Canada....like Montreal, but would be up for going to a number places.
I want to go to Cuba, but the powers that be prevent me from fulfilling my life long dream. So, I would settle for Miami, but Dalan is not interested in tropical or hot, however, he has consented to looking into Hawaii.
So, basically I am asking for suggestions. Where have you been that was fun and romantic? Where did you stay? How expensive was it? What can we do while we are there?
It can be anywhere in the world, and needs to be a place that goes well with summer traveling. We probably could go for no more than 16 days. I want to hear from you Internet friends!
6 comments:
Hi Jess, its mom, I was thinking you should go to Greece, not to tropical but very romantic, think Sisterhood of the traveling pants and Mama Mia.
Just throwing it out there
This is Ali this time. I think that you should totally go on a cruise! And swim with dolphins and all that jazz! I think new york could be mighty fun.
I think you should go to Canada. I have never been to Montreal but always wanted to. I think it has a really European feel. Scott and I went to Canada for our honeymoon cuz we wanted to escape the heat. I vote against Europe because it is hot, not air conditioned and very humid. Scott and I were there in May and the heat was unbearable for me-and I like it hot! When we were there 2 years ago, it was so expensive-we totally blew our budget-and that was before the $ tanked. But it was very romantic.
Well, I do love Europe and could give you a lot of suggestions on places to stay, but it IS hot during that time and definitely expensive because of our damn dollar. Hawaii is pretty hot during the summer but cooling off in the ocean sounds pretty fab! I haven't been to those parts of Canada but hear it's pretty nice in the summer. I'm not being much help huh? Well, let's just say if it was me, I would choose an island vacation. Maybe somewhere in the Carribean. PS - I am jealous!
Europe is my vote! Although your mom's suggestion for Greece is a good option as well. I haven't been to Greece but have seen pics from friends and it looks awesome! I thought Paris and Italy were both very romantic. I would suggest going to Europe in June as it is a little cheaper then (not so much summer prices)and it isn't quite as warm. Sam and I loved Miami but it does get hot during the summer! If you want travel ideas you should talk to mom. She is a pro at getting all the good deals!
My vote is for Greece too or Hawaii. I have never been to either place. I really want to go to Greece. I have had 3 friends go to Hawaii and come back with a bun in the oven, so if you are not ready for that maybe go somewhere else. Lol.
Post a Comment