Monday, January 5, 2009

Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling

My ESL (English as a Second Language) endorsement program has been a thorn in my side since day one. And while, I have learned some very valuable information in the class, I have been very disappointed with the organization of the program.

I have had professors be over an hour late for class. I have had professors who say things like if you ever email me, you will always get an email back from me, and then not email me back, only to ensure me they have my paper, only to tell me at the end of the class that I never turned it in. I have had an online class with totally vague instructions on each assignment, and then have the professor write very detailed comments in response and ask me to resubmit it. I have been told we are not meeting ever in person for the online class, but then received an email at 1:00 in the afternoon informing me to attend class that evening. And then today, I received an email today that told me I needed to register for a class that starts Wednesday and goes until the end of March.

It is enough to make me want to pull my hair out, or punch the computer screen. I hate all the disorganization. I have a life, people! Sometimes that life involves watching a four-hour Law and Order marathon, but sometimes it involves a friend's birthday party, or something cool like that. I need notice! And once I have said notice, I need professors who show up on time, and follow through with their own expectations. I have no problem working hard to learn and earn decent grades, but these are classes for working professionals with families and other obligations, so they least they can do is get their effing acts together!

If you will excuse me now, I need to go submit my final project for my online class...hopefully, I followed the one line of vague-ass instructions correctly! GRRRRRRR!!!!!

5 comments:

Ali said...

I agree!! I would be so bugged as well!

~Tana~ said...

That sucks bit time! I am so sorry. I like to have notice of things myself. Which law and order are you a fan of? I am a fan of SVU myself.

Jessi said...

Totally SVU.....I like original flavor ok, and don't care much for Criminal Intent!

Hilary said...

That sucks, it'd drive me nuts!
I'm a new found fan on the Criminal Intent . . . I like the semi-crazy cop guy. But yeah, SVU is best.

Jessi said...

It is the semi-crazy cop guy that I can't get past...I need to find a way to relate to him....