Monday, October 27, 2008

Slacky McSlackerson

Since, we have returned from our mini-moon, I have been in major slacking mode. I just am lacking any serious motivation, in fact, I am choosing to blog about my laziness instead of do something about it. Let me tell you about all the things I need to get done.

1. Sew our Halloween costumes. This is one of my favorite things to do, but yet the thought of going upstairs and getting the sewing machine out is not appealing to me.

2. Write two top notch lesson plans for Wednesday. One I need to teach my class while being observed, and the other I need to present to other teachers in my ESL class. I hate my ESL class, so I am blaming my lack of motivation to do either, solely on my ESL class.

3. Write Thank You notes. This is another of my favorite things to do. I love thanking people, I love handwriting a note, and I love sending it in the mail, but yet I have only gotten about a third of these written.

4. Do all our vacation laundry, and clean the upstairs. This is my least favorite thing to do, so it is no surprise that this is not done, but it is driving me nuts. Plus all my favorite clothes are dirty, and I am reduced to wearing my not so favorite ones. Also, Dalan is totally going the whole 10 yards when it comes to household chores, and I am barely doing anything, but making messes. That is not a good way to make a good wife impression!

So, I guess I am asking for some energy. Maybe somebody just needs to hit my reset button, and move me from wedding/honeymoon mode back into regular life mode. Well, I guess I better be going and find something else to do, hopefully, even one of the four things on my list.

4 comments:

Ali said...

sorry dude!!! I will clean your house and do your laundry for a price:)

Jessi said...

Well, I am too poor to afford you, but if times get desperate enough, I will fit you into the budget. I ended up getting a few loads of laundry done, and sewing most of our costumes! However, there is plenty of more laundry, and more details to add to the costumes!

Ali said...

YEAH!! You rock!!! I am excited to see your costumes

Hilary said...

I would've said give it two weeks before attempting to get into 'no longer planning a wedding' mode, but you already kicked it up a notch and are more than half way through your to do list! You're the worst slacker EVER!