Thursday, June 27, 2013

Three Year Old Well Check

May was so busy for us, I purposely put off Quinn's three year old check up until June. I also knew Quinn had gained a good amount of weight over the last year, and that is usually our biggest topic of discussion. 

Here is the run down....

Weight: 24.7 lbs. (2%tile for a three year old) 
Height: 34.25 inches (which I think is off, because we have gotten 35 when we measure her). (2%tile for a three year old).
Weight to height ratio: 22%. (Basically she is a good weight for her height- shorter kids should be more petite). 

* I should look up her percentile a for her adjusted age, but at this age there is probably less of a difference. 

Vision is good, but we knew that already from her other doctor. 

She is physically healthy. 

Her speech is great.  

She knew all her colors she was tested on. (But we knew that too.)

He gave us some potty training ideas. I didn't love his whole program as a right fit for us, but will incorporate some ideas. 

He wants her tested for Celiac's (I knew this one was coming, but was tempted to not mention it.)  She will have her blood drawn next week, and we will go from there. 

The cutest part was thanks to Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood actually. She has watched the doctor's appointment episode many times. And was ready. She  even pulled up her shirt without being asked so he could listen to her heart. It was adorable. She was not scared at all this time. She was actually excited. 

Hooray for a healthy and adorable 3 year old!!!!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Healthy, smart, adorable, charming -- love it!
Tell Quinn that as much as I love her and Ellie's twins-separated-by-two-years-and-different-Moms act, that she is NOT allowed to have Celiac too. I have all my fingers crossed for you guys!

Vala said...

I agree with Hillary on all :) And hey! She is on the charts! Hooray for our two tiny, feisty kids who love a good run in the stubborn wagon.