We have big news in the Carsellers household- Dalan didn't have an ulcer that was causing his stomach to bleed. Instead, he has a gluten allergy that is causing his stomach to bleed. He had a follow up with a specialist and we got the results back from the biopsy (meaning it could have been something much worse like cancer) and he has Celiac Disease. Poor guy, can you imagine unknowingly eating something everyday that was making your stomach BLEED!
We have been eating much healthier since I started dieting. But, this new piece of information is going to force us to eat even cleaner. We are still figuring out our new menu, but as of this weekend, Dalan will be gluten free, and we all will be eating a whole lot healthier. This may be a hard (but good) adjustment for Dalan as he is the king of the snack-a-potamuses!
Dalan is going to also follow up with his doctor and find out if Q needs to be tested. Honestly, I wonder if her eating issues aren't at least tied to this, coupled with her prematurity.
So, please post your best gluten free/paleo/clean recipes on this blog. We would love to hear from you.
2 comments:
I'm glad Dalan has a diagnosis. Sorry about the Celiac but glad it's not worse. At least being GF is very in-style right now and you can find GF options. I've heard there is a good GF flour you can buy at Whole Foods that you can use in place of wheat flour in recipes. You can even buy frozen GF donuts!
Bummer. That would really suck to be dealing with that and not know it. Sometimes just having an explanation is a huge relief, even if it isn't an ideal one. GF will become the new norm soon enough. I don't know any good recipes but if I hear of any I'll pass them on.
Post a Comment