Last year I wrote a post about how I will forever be grateful for all the wonderful people in my life. I am totally feeling it again. I am reposting it below. Some details have changed here and there over the last year, but I left them, because the message is the same. I am so thankful for my village of family and friends!!
The last 17 months have been hard. It is not easy to have a new baby, and it is especially not easy to have a new baby who has a whole slew of medical and extra needs. However, even though it has been hard, we have made it. We are thriving and striving as a family, and Quinn is a perfect little toddler (who still has some extra needs...but is perfect, none the less.) And the reason we are in such good shape is because of our family, friends, and the community. We would not be here without you all, and I don't know if I say it enough, but thank you and we are forever grateful for all the support we have received.
We have received support in so many ways, and I will never be able to repay everyone who helped us get to this point, but I do hope people know that I think about it everyday and I am so appreciative.
I want to say thank you to everyone who prayed, sent vibes, and thought of Quinn when she was so small and in need of so much love.
I want to say thank you to the nurses and doctors who saved her life.
I want to say thank you to everyone who respected our need for space and healing right after Quinn was born.
I want to say thank you for every kind text, email, card, voice mail, and phone call we received.
I want to say thank you to everyone who let me complain, cry, or share my joy with them.
I want to say thank you to everyone who watches Quinn (our parents and siblings) while we are at work.
I want to say thank you to everyone who brought us dinner. I want to say thank you to everyone who has given Quinn a gift.
I want to say thank you for everyone who contributed to Quinn's March of Dimes team, walked with us, and came to her party.
I want to thank everyone who was patient and understanding with our time of house arrest, and helped us keep Quinn so healthy.
I want to say thank you to everyone who cleaned our house, and helped put together our nursery. And thank you for all those offers to clean our house.
I want to say thank you to everyone who has given us pictures of Quinn.
I want to say thank you to everyone who continues to love and be a champion of Quinn.
We are really so grateful, and appreciative and lucky. Thank you!
In addition, I am especially grateful for Dalan. Kind, loving, and patient Dalan. This journey has been crazy, but I literally would not have survived without him. Thank you for being you...a fabulous husband, dad, and friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment