Piper had to take a little trip to the vet today due to a clogged anal gland, or as I like to call it, an ass bubble. It is really clogged apparently and she has a drain in her behind until Friday. And a cone of shame. I am painting a lovely picture here, aren't I?
Quinn is being really gentle and kind to Piper since she knows she is sick. And Piper is feeling really spry.... Considering.
Of course, this is not Piper's first ass bubble. She got one when I was like six or seven weeks pregnant with Quinn. I was really exhausted and rather than saving the seven meatballs left over from dinner, I fed them to Piper. The next day, she was having some problems down there. Dalan insisted there was a correlation between the meatballs and the clogging, but I was never convinced.
This time, no meatballs were involved.
However, the vet bill for an ass bubble is not pretty. So, for several reasons, let's hope this is the last time this problem pops up.


3 comments:
Poor Pipes! Ass bubbles sound mucho uncomfortable - plus a vet bill for ass bubbles is even worse! Here's to staying ass bubble free.
Poor Piper... what is it with us and our needy dogs? If Piper would refrain from killing Sir I would say we should just get them a permanent room at an animal hospital together ;)
Piper sure knows how to look miserable. Hope she is feeling better in no time and that she can be bubble free.
Post a Comment