Quinn did it. She got out of her crib yesterday. I hesitate to say she climbed out, because it was a combination of her climbing and her plummeting to the ground. I was hanging clothes up in her closet when it happened, and it was pretty scary for like 90 seconds, and she was fine. She then proceeded to climb up the side of the rocking chair. Sigh!
She is also constantly climbing all over the couches and trying to destroy the blinds. She also climbs on the coffee table at my mom's and got on the kitchen table at Dalan's mom. All this week. Sigh!
We finally got her to the point where she could play pretty independently, while we did a quick chore, but we have had to up the level of supervision again due to her climbing. However, according to my Doctor Spock book from 1945 (revised in 1976), "But if a child is so carefully watched that she never has an accident, she is being fussed over too much. Bones may be saved, but her character will be ruined." :-)
Don't forget to enter my contest, I will draw a winner at random tomorrow.
And some photos from the weekend.






4 comments:
Silly Quinn! I've been lucky none of mine ever seemed to think to climb out of their crib, but I still know what it's like since everytime I turn around, Isaac is up on top of the counter again. Sigh.
Whenever you're ready for a toddler bed, we have a cute girly one with a canopy and everything that nobody's using around here if you want to borrow it!
Gotta love the double binky picture! And I like the "character building" advice :)
Nice advice, Dr. Spock :) Though I can still see minor heart attacks happening here and there.
What a pretty girl - that up close first shot!
Also love the potty shot.
I really like the Dr. Spock quote. Maybe considering I have 4 kids I should read a parenting book. Hmmmm! Looks Like Quinn keeps you very busy!
Post a Comment