Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An update to a list

1. About an hour after I posted the last blog, Quinn crawled to her walker and tried to pull her short little self up. She fell. She tried again, and totally used every muscle in her body, and made it! I am so happy for her. She stood up to it forever. Later she proceeded to toss a fake bunch of carrots across the floor, crawl to it, and toss it again. She was wild!






2. The surgeon doesn't want to cut off Quinn's extra tube skin. He prescribed a cream (not the clear..ha! That is a steroids in baseball joke, that probably only Dalan and I think is funny, but we repeat it all the time.) She gets her button next week, and the skin problem should go away. Here's to hoping.

3. Quinn still has a rash. It is not the measles. It should go away any time between now and a month! A month! At least it is not itchy.

4. My class raised 234 dimes for the March for Babies in one day. That is so amazing. They are ten. Most of live below the poverty line. Many of them are refugees or immigrants, and have families who speak limited English. It just totally speaks to power of Quinn's story.

5. She slept through the night without oxygen. Here's to hoping the other night was the last time we will ever need oxygen. I probably cursed it again though by mentioning it.

4 comments:

Border Collie Lipstick said...

Way to go Quinn! I love the last pic of her standing on her tiptoes.

Vala said...

What a strong girl! She's gonna be beating up the boys before we know it.

Jen said...

Yea Quinn!!! Hoping button makes y'all's life a little easier.

Kerry said...

Good job on the oxygen!! That's a very nice milestone to hit. I always hated the stupid cheek dots.