I think Quinn has said her first word. She may have named her binkie "guy-guy." Anytime she puts her binkie in her mouth, she says "guy-guy." Sometimes loud, sometimes quiet. Sometimes repeatedly, and sometimes just once. But only once her binkie is in her mouth.
She started it over the weekend, and has continued to do it. Dalan asked is she trying to talk the first time she did it, because it was so different than the sounds/tone she usually makes/babbles in. I told my mom about it, and she suggested it might be Quinn's name for her binkie. Then, it became even more clear that it is likely the name she has given her binkie. Last night, she crawled to her binkie, put it in her mouth, and said, "guy-guy-guy-guy." She then took her binkie out, and went onto her next activity.
If you whisper "guy-guy" to her while her binkie is in her mouth, she will repeat "guy-guy" back in a hushed tone. It is adorable.
So, Quinn's first word was not mama. It was not dada. It seems to be guy-guy after her beloved binkie. Go figure!
6 comments:
What a genius baby! Love it!
Adorable. I wish I could get Oliver to love his binky. He just doesn't and I'm very disappointed.
I never could get any of my kids to take a binkie, and it made me very sad!
She always has been a fan of her binkie :-) I always loved the pictures of her with her tiny binkie in NICU, where they were still way huge in comparison to her tiny self.
I am so glad that I got to experience the "Guy Guy" in person, it is so funny to hear her respond when you give her the binkie and ask her what it is called. PRICELESS!
But wasn't her first word EGOT? hehe.
She's so silly, and cute. I just love her, and can't believe she's 1 in just a month!
That is totally adorable. The girl does things her own way, doesn't she?
Love it!
Post a Comment