Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IMC NICU Feature

I posted this video on facebook, but I wanted to post it on here too. This is a feature on the NICU at IMC, where Quinn lived for the first 4 and half months of her life.

The tiny baby featured in the video is currently in bed D42, which was Quinn's room for the first eight weeks. That was the room she passed through the window from the OR, and where she lived and grew. It was surreal to see another little baby girl in there.
Dr. King was in the video also cared for Quinn, and was one of the doctor's who helped us get her feeding plan in order so we could go home.

(Quinn in Bed D42)

t is crazy, fun, and a little emotional to watch the video and have all the memories come flooding back. Plus with being in the hospital less than a week ago, I am in full hospital flashback mode. It is hard to believe it has been 10 months since Quinn was born, and almost 6 months since she left the NICU.

We are forever grateful to the nurses, doctors, and other medical staff who cared for Quinn during those first months. They were scary, hard, and great times. I would never want to be in that situation again, but I am glad we received the top notch care that we did!



2 comments:

Vala said...

Thanks for sharing the video...I watched it on Facebook after you posted it and was thinking that it must have been emotional for you to see. I'm so grateful that this place/its peeps ensured that your beautiful, happy Quinn is with you today!

Jodi said...

Thanks for that link. I'm pretty sure the room they show with the big window was one of the ones Kian was in on D-pod. He was in 6 or seven different rooms. And I really like Dr King.