Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crazy

Last night was a little crazy. Full of mishaps and accidents. Nothing major or scary, just crazy.

First of all, Quinn slept well, which is wonderful. But I fell deeply asleep and missed her 11:30 feeding. I woke up at 12:45 to feed her, and was feeling a little rushed. Quinn has a pretty set feeding schedule due to her need to take a certain amount of volume each day, and the fact she is sensitive to volume changes, so missing a feeding isn't really an option, and getting too far off schedule can cause her to have to take too much volume in a particular feeding.

I am changing her diaper, and notice her prongs for her oxygen are in her ear, rather than her nose. Next, I notice her feeding tube is starting to come out. I push it back in, and a second later, it is really starting to come out. So, I pull it all the way out and figure I will just start over. This means going downstairs to get some supplies. I take Quinn with me, who now thinks it is time to party, because of all the lights and movement.

I get her tube back in, but can't find the stethoscope to check the placement of the tube. I find the stethoscope, but need a syringe. As I am putting the plunger in the syringe, I somehow pinch my breast into the syringe. Oh man, did it hurt. And bruise instantly.

About this time, I notice Piper has somehow gotten a hold of poopy diaper and is eating it on her bed. There is poop everywhere.

I feed Quinn, and she goes back to bed easily. Thank goodness, despite wide eyes and smiles earlier. I go downstairs, dispose of the poopy diaper parts, and throw Piper's bed into the laundry room, because it is smelly. I was going to wash it, but have since decided to throw it away. It has seen too much nastiness, and I am sick of washing it. Then, I ice my bruise breast, and eventually get back to sleep.

It was a night.

Speaking of crazy....

Quinn is a wild and crazy baby. She never stops moving, and exploring. Our neighbor brought Quinn over a Valentine's gift today, and commented on just how wild Quinn is.

Here is some photo evidence of her craziness.

Photo 1:, she never stops moving. Can she just sit and play? Never, she slides, arches, flips, scoots, rolls, and yells.



Photo 2: She went nuts for some oatmeal and apples tonight. She ate it with great urgency. She had it everywhere. She wanted the spoon. She wanted the container. She wanted more. She ate double what I normally feed her and was covered from head to toe. So, I took a shower with Quinn for the first time. She thought it was kind of weird, and did not love it, but tolerated it ok.


Photo 3: After our shower, it was time to burn off some energy, so she would be ready for bed. She played in her jump up, but really only wanted to touch and lick the walls, and particularly interested in putting her hands in the one place they are not allowed....

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Sounds crazy!
She is so freaking cute -- I love the non-stop moving. Isaac's getting more and more like that and I swear he will just throw himself outta my arms one day 'cause he's trying so hard to move!

Vala said...

The first half of your blog sounds a bit hellish! I couldn't tell by looking at you today that you lacked some serious sleep! I guess that's good. Second, Quinn is a wild one! She and Isaac are peas in a pod :)