Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week in review

This week has been totally crazy and busy for Dalan and me. I am sad that I am blogging so infrequently, and not recording all the fun things Quinn is doing.

1. Her eye exam went well, and her eyes are slightly improved. Keep the eye vibes coming. They are clearly working. It is amazing what can happen when you put something into the universe and have so many people thinking/praying about it.

2. Her progress with bottle feeding and eating has stalled. She will do it sometimes, and refuse at others. We now need vibes in this area too. Am I being too greedy in my asking of vibes? I hope not. This little girl needs to come home, and she needs to eat well and consistently to come home.

3. She weighs SEVEN pounds now. She is chubby and cute.

4. She is getting so strong. She can almost flip herself from her belly to her back.

5. She loves her mobile so much! (Thanks Nana!) It might have tied with her binkie as her favorite activity. The best thing in the world to Quinn is sucking on her binkie while staring at her mobile.

6. We call her Romulus. As in Romulus and Remus. As in the twins who were raised by wolves. She attacks the breast, bottle, and binkie like a wild, feral child. She will put a nipple in her mouth, and shake her head, like she is going in for the kill. It is hilarious. She and Piper will get along famously!

Now for the pictures.....











4 comments:

Hilary said...

She is so cute! Greg and I have had our fair share of laughs from watching our children latch on like they have to kill the breast before they can nurse :-) The head jerking side to side is definitely the funniest looking :-)
Good luck with the bottle and feedings -- definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

Holli said...

Jessi, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I wish all the time that I hear she gets to come home. I love all the pictures you post, and even though it may not be as often, it is great to see how Quinn is doing. Babies have their own time line, wish this wasn't always true, but I will continue to pray she gets to come home soon.

Vala said...

Oh man is she cute! I laughed about the attacking the breast. Sometimes Isaac still acts like a baby bird when he nurses, when he's really really tired.
I am sending every possible good vibe into the universe for Quinn (and you and Dalan!)

Dr. aafb said...

Eye and eating vibes beind sent your way (and of course prayers too!) Come home Quinn!