Just over a week ago, Becca and I were patting ourselves on the back that we had made it through cold and flu season while working in an elementary school without getting sick. We were rather proud of ourselves, and bragged to each other all the things we were doing right.....drinking plenty of water, taking our vitamins, etc. We were feeling quite smug. I think I even later retold my mom all the great things I was doing, and how I had successfully avoided getting sick!
THEN.....
We both got a cold. And this cold, has kicked my ass. I don't know if it is a particularly nasty cold, or if the fact that I am pregnant and can't take any good medicine is making it worse. But, I am miserable. I have a running nose, and a nasty cough. In fact, I coughed so much this morning I threw up, like a two year old might. It was horrible. Some home remedies are helping. I have taken several hot showers, and that seems to help. I have been using a saline nose spray, and that helps. I have tried hot lemon and honey water, but I don't really like hot drinks, and I had to choke it down.
I am debating whether I should go to work tomorrow. I am trying to save all my sick leave for when the little one makes its appearance, but I am pretty miserable, and have not gotten out of bed for two days. However, right now I am starting to feel better, but I can't imagine teaching all day feeling like I do now. Also, it is a pain to make a sub plan from home, but at this point, it might be worth the extra day of rest.
The good news is Dalan is taking super good care of me, the bad news is I feel guilty about it. I hate just lying (or is it laying? I never know) there, while he has to do everything around the house and for me.
Edited to Add: I stayed home. It was a good choice. I am still not at even close to 100%, and working would have been miserable.
4 comments:
Ugh, I'm sorry!
I feel like opening my big mouth is what got me into our predicament too! Both the girls are sick (coughs, snotty noses, Annie threw up today), and it was less than a week ago I was telling someone, "It's been amazing, we've had SUCH a great winter -- they were sick all fall, but haven't had so much as a runny nose since early December!" Spoke too soon here too!
And Becca is only feeling a little sick. This thing has hit me hard.
Just a quick note as I head off to bed. Vicks Vapor Rub and a humidifier. Hope it's helpful.
Sorry, but I totally feel your pain. I am allergic to any and all good kinds of cold medicines. Keep resting, and let Dalan take care of you. I am sure he really doesn't mind :)
Post a Comment