Thursday, October 8, 2009

Super Psyched

I am that girl. The girl that loves to admire pretty shoes, but cannot stand (pun intended) to be in shoes that make my feet hurt. Actually, I can barely stand (pun intended again) shoes at all. I kick off my shoes the minute I walk in the door, and sometimes even while I am driving in the car (which drives Dalan nuts). I used to be able to sacrifice some comfort for fashion, and then I started teaching school. I am on my feet for way too many hours in a row to wear anything, but comfortable shoes, most preferably flip flops or slippers. Yes, I said slippers. Ali and McKay gave me these cute, Roxy* slippers for Christmas two years ago that almost, kind of pass as regular shoes. So, in the winter, I wear them to work on a regular basis. People even give me compliments on my cute "shoes." (Only they really mean shoes, I laugh in my head, knowing that they are really slippers disguised as shoes.) I can wear them with or without socks, and they have never gotten stinky. They are the miracle of all shoes. However, they have started to get worn out. I guess I should have seen it coming, they are technically slippers, and I wear them really quite consistently in all types of weather and terrain. So, I got online and found another pair, but with a different design, for super cheap from overstock.com, plus there was free shipping. Score! I should have ordered two pairs, but I was not sure of my size, since I wear a seven and a half, and they were only available in full sizes. The size on my old pair was worn off long ago, if there ever was one. I ordered an eight, and they came today, and they fit perfectly. DOUBLE SCORE! I might have to go and order me another pair now.

The old, dearly loved pair of slippers.

The soles have seen better days!

The new pair! I cannot wait to break them in.

No holes in these soles!



*I receive no money or kick backs from Roxy for endorsing their product. However, if they would like to send me additional slippers or other products for my overwhelming positive review of the BEST slippers EVER, I would gladly accept.

6 comments:

Toe-Soma said...

i wear the same shoe but mine is all brown. i don't really think they are slippers at all

Kerry said...

I can completely relate to this. I'm totally the same way. Love the way cute shoes look, even buy shoes because they look cute .. and then hardly ever wear them. Shoes are such a great accessory too. They can dress up an outfit of comfy-fie it. I don't mind shoes but definately gravitate towards comfortable ones. However at home in my house I am NEVER without my slippers. So really I don't enjoy being barefoot now that I really think about this some more. But my slippers I wear them to their DEATH .. holes, rips .. whatever. Finding a good pair of slippers is not easy task. I'm happy for you that you found replacements!

Hilary said...

Ha! Greg gets SO annoyed that I drive barefoot! I'm right there with you on not wearing shoes unless necessary!

Vala said...

oh man, I need to check out something similar because I am on the EXACT same page as you with the whole shoe thing. I'd live in slippers/flip flops if I could. Do they have lots of styles? I recognize those "slippers" you wear to work fo sho! Love 'em!

Jessi said...

I wish I had some colored ones...that would make the ultimate slipper/shoe combination.

I ordered a pair with blue in them from overstock now too!

Overstock has a smaller selection, but they are like half the price, but you can pretty much find any color if you are willing to pay full price.

~Tana~ said...

I love shoes!!! I have some that I can only wear when I sit down for the evening because they hurt my feet all day. I do love the flip flops. I am wearing a pair right now.