Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nana

My nana celebrated her birthday on 09.09.09. She turned 81, and 8 + 1 is 9. Freaky, right? I hope she does not mind me revealing her age, but anyone who looks as good as she does, travels as much as she does, and has as busy as a schedule as she does, should be super proud of her age. I love my nana so much, and was so happy to celebrate her special day with her. She is so kind and generous. She is a great example of what it means to be a strong and independent woman! Oh, and she is fantastic cook. She makes many fabulous meals, but my favorite thing is going to her house for grilled cheese sandwiches.

Nana and my mama at my wedding. Both looking gorgeous.
Nana did the most beautiful reading at our ceremony.

Nana, Piper, and me. Both Piper and I love to sit by our nana!

See...Piper can't get enough of her nana!

4 comments:

Vala said...

Oh, she is so cute. Love it! Also, 9 X 9 is also 81, even freakier!

Hilary said...

Awww, I've always loved Nana! I like the little tribute to her! Happy Birthday Nana!

Dr. aafb said...

Happy Birthday, Nana! What a great day 9/9/09!

Holli said...

I have to say all the number things are really freaky, but your Nana is way too cute!