9/8/05
Well, as some of you know, I was born with a brain defect....I do not have the ability to keep track of keys, and unfortunately this week, my disability has acted up again. I have lost my keys. I last had them Monday morning at approx. 2:45 am, and now nothing.
I have no keys. I am using my spare to drive my car, but the rest are gone. Luckily, I had no house key, because my parents don't trust me (with good reason) with keys. I am suppose to house sit for my friends this weekend, and their house key is gone.....I am the worse house sitter ever. Now I need to take an extended lunch break and get a spare key from them.
My entire family or roommates if you will, have spent the evening searching for the damn things, but to no avail. We even reenacted the night the keys were last seen, but still they remain at large.
9/28/05
Well kids, I found my keys. They were in the bin where I keep all my flip flops....obviously...I don't know why I didn't look there weeks ago. They were found on Saturday. Today, I go to work. I was charging my ipod in the car and then had the extra stress of putting the ipod in my purse so it wouldn't get stolen. So I work a long 8 hour day. I go to leave work...no keys. I thought I was going cry! I screamed to the the heavens above, "dear god, how could this be happening again." I find my keys on the driver's seat of my car. I had to call my roommates (aka parents) to bring my nub (my nickname for my trusty spare key). I now know without a doubt in my mind that I am missing the part of my brain that keeps track of keys.
4 comments:
If it makes you feel better, I'm missing the part of my brain that knows how to use keys! I cannot open a door (ESPECIALLY if the deadbolt is engaged) in less than 4 attempts, and I avoid it at all costs. I almost exclusively use the garage so I don't have to use keys in my front door!
I would loose my head some days if it wasn't attached. I have left my keys in the front door a few times. Luckily it has been during the day. It was fun to read about your life a few years ago.
hehe, I remember those good times. I am the queen of missing keys, too. I feel your pain. Some of us never, ever learn.
That's funny! I love finding stuff like that years later. It's funny seeing your views on things then and now and how they've changed.
Post a Comment