Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I had the time of my life!

Tonight, my besties and I went to see one of the greatest movies of all time
....Dirty Dancing....
at Brewvies. I seriously love, love, love that movie. Dalan loves to tease me that one of my favorite movies growing up was a "nice, wholesome movie about abortion." Luckily for me, my friends love it too, and get that it is a sexy, love story about Johnny Castle and Frances "Baby" Houseman.

It was fun to see it in the theater again. Yes, I said again. I saw it in the theater when I was in high school when it was re-released for it's tenth anniversary. And here I am seeing it again in its 22nd year to honor the late Patrick Swayze, and have a little fun on Wednesday night with the girls. The crowd at Brewvies was quite boisterous, and one lady crossed line from funny to obnoxious with her loud comments, but other than that, the night was awesome.

I have been sitting here trying to pin point my favorite moment of the movie, but there are so many. I like when Johnny runs his hand down Baby's side, and she giggles. I like when Baby's sister's Lisa announces tonight is the night she is going to go all the way with that creep, Robbie. I like when Baby and Johnny lip sync and then crawl toward each other. And of course, I love when Johnny comes back for baby, tells her parents that nobody puts baby in the corner, and they do the last dance of the season together.

What is your favorite part?????

PS: I missed all you ladies that could not make it! We might go see Psycho next month for the City Weekly free movie at Brewvies, let me know if you are down.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh man, wish I could have gone! I would go see pyscho, but NO WAY!!! That show scares me!!!

Leigh and Craig said...

i totally want to go see psycho in the theater. can i bring the baby? just kidding!

Jessi said...

I think babies are looked down upon in a theater that is also a bar :-) You should totally come! It would be fun!

~Tana~ said...

I didn't know they were showing it!!! I love love love that movie. That was the movie that I watched when I was "sick" when I was in high/jr. high school. My favorite part... do I have to choose. I would have to say the part when they are practicing and he tickles her arm. And the "I carried a watermelon."