Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Exciting things that have happened on June 17th

In 1775...
the Battle of Bunker Hill.

In 1885...
the Statue of Liberty arrives in NYC.

In 1928
Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman (as a passenger) to fly across the Atlantic.

In 1950...
the first kidney transplant.

In 1960...
Ted Williams hits his 500th home run.

In 1970...
the Polaroid camera was patented.

In 1972...
five men were arrested after breaking in the Watergate Hotel.

In 1979...
I was born.

In 1994...
O.J. Simpson gets chased in his white Bronco by the LAPD.

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Yay! June birthdays rock! Well, Gemini ones in general are just the best :-)

Vala said...

Forget about Amelia, you should feel honored to share a day with OJ Simpson - that is schweaty!

Howard Family said...

what about Igor Stravinsky birthday. If its good enough for Google then its good enough for me. I don't see Google celebrating your Birthday!! Mike

~Tana~ said...

You crack me up!!! I love reading your blog!!!