Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bird mouth strikes again

Yesterday, was a teacher work day, so I only had to work a half day. It was nice, because I was home in time to join Piper and Dalan on their daily walk. Piper and I headed out to the front porch while Dalan did something quickly inside. While we were waiting Piper was sniffing around on the front lawn, then just as Dalan comes out to the front yard, Piper comes trotting up to us with a very dead bird in her mouth. Dalan got her to drop it and leave it, but GROSS! At least this time, she did not kill it as it was obvious it had been dead for a while, but still, I hate this new bird retriever skill of hers. The rest of the walk she was doing that dog smile/pant, because she was so pleased with herself. Then on the walk we encountered a baby/teenage bird that was hopping along the path, and was not smart enough or did not have the ability to fly away. It took all my strength to keep Piper from eating that one too. Piper! And her stupid bird mouth!

No comments: