Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March miracle

On this blessed day of March 4, 2009, a miracle has occurred. I did not teach today due to my part in a math grant, so I got home a little earlier than usual. However, due to my monster cold, I took a little mini-nap, and ended up getting up later than planned, and was a tad late for my ESL class. I parked in a different spot than usual, because usually I am the first one to class, not one of the last. As I left class I exited differently than usual and decided to roll State St. instead of taking the freeway. I ended up on 7000 South waiting to turn left onto southbound Redwood Rd. I look across the six lane road, and who do I see directly across the intersection waiting to turn left onto northbound Redwood Rd, but my lover, Dalan! I immediately called him, and we declared it a March miracle! I believe it was fate that I got see him across the road from me in the mirror opposite lane. Hello! It doesn't get more romantic than that.

Piper greeted me when I got home, and I went to the bathroom and did a few things around house. I look over to her bed, and there she is licking out the inside of an open can of chili. She had been alone for literally four minutes, and in the those four minutes she managed to get a single can of chili out of the trash can. Naughty! And not in the least worthy behavior of a day in which a March miracle had occurred.

No comments: