She was so sad when he had to return to the North Pole, much sadder than Dalan and I anticipated she would be. She cried and cried. And then cried some more. She still is asking about him and gets a little down that he isn't coming back right away. My aunt made an off hand remark about elves the other day and Quinn sighed, "an elf, like my Ra-hoo."
Like I said, we had a blast with Raul in the days leading up to Christmas. So much fun, I didn't even remember to get his photo everyday. Oh well, here are some of the photos I did get.
Raul took a potty break. He borrowed a trick from is leprechaun cousins. I think he picked green and not red, because he didn't want the bathroom to look like an elf murder scene.
He made a snow angel in some sugar. A repeat trick from last year, but always a crowd pleaser.
He hung upside down in the hall.
He painted Quinn's nose red like Rudolph's. I think this is the trick that stole the show. She was excited that Raul was in her room when she woke up as he had only been downstairs. And then at first a little pissed that he had painted her nose. Then she got on board and thought it was pretty much the best thing ever.
He also wrapped Quinn's bathroom in wrapping paper! Ha! So silly. So funny! We love Raul!!!
On a side note, we also had an elf in my classroom this year. A volunteer in the classroom accidentally bumped him, and then picked him up. Gasp! It was the saddest day in 5th grade. Yes, 5th grade! Luckily, Santa sent some magic sprinkles at recess.









1 comment:
I love the wrapped up bathroom! What a cute idea. I would like to think we might do this next year. I think my boys would enjoy it. I just am not sure whether I would be successful.
Post a Comment