Last Thursday, Quinn slipped in the tub while trying to lick the faucet and chipped her front tooth. We took her to the dentist the next day, and he told us the chip was just superficial. (I translated this to mean cosmetic.)
I am pretty bummed out. I mean, obviously I was glad her tooth was not damaged, but I hate that her smile has been altered. I obviously also know it is just a baby tooth, but it is a baby tooth, she'll have for the next six years.
I obviously know this is not a major life problem, but I feel like it is right now.
Oh, the joys of motherhood worry and guilt.
In related news, Quinn loves to brush her teeth. She begs and whines for it throughout the day. She says, " bruuuu teeee" as she mimes the action. So cute!
Here is Quinn brushing her teeth and showing me how she brushes her teeth a couple of days before the accident.


3 comments:
Chloe chipped one of her front teeth at around that age too. We left a note for the Tooth Fairy asking her to leave the tooth so I could keep it. It's funny but I love her little tooth, missing corner and all :)
That sucks that she chipped her tooth, but I can't really tell from the photo, so maybe it's better than you think? :) That's awesome that she loves brushing her teeth. Isaac finally enjoys it now that we got him a spin toothbrush.
I was soooo sad to hear about Q's tooth! We have a faucet cover that looks like a whale. I think its name is Moby.
Post a Comment